Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello from TJ

Today is Miercoles, 24 de Junio

Happy Birthday Michele...I know I am close...is it the 26th? Today is sunny and bright and the kids just finished eating spaghetti:) The first round anyways. The elementary kids will be home in about 30 minutes...they change and then eat. Then it's tajea (homework) and showers tonight. They take a shower every other night. Tonight is the girls turn for showers:) How fun it is to get 13 little girls showered and ready for bed:) They don't like going upstairs when it is still light outside...well, you moms know how that is:)

Some of the older kids finish school this week. The younger ones go most of next week. Not sure of the final day. Then it is a few weeks before they have graduation. We have 6 or 7 students graduating either from primary or secondary school. Primary graduates the 6th graders and secondary graduates the 9th graders. They move on to three years of prepa...then universidad:)

Adilene is standing next to me while I am writing this update. She is 6 anos and attends kinder here in the house. She will be going to first grade in Septiembre. She is asking me all kinds of questions including words in espanol and ingles. Como se dice...how to you say...noche in ingles... night...luz...light. Most of my girls are learning to understand and speak english. I have a few that pick it up faster than the rest. When I say something half and half one of the girls will tell the rest of the girls in todo espanol what I said. Most of the time it works. Until I want them to do something right now...ahora! Of course they are typical kids and continue to do what they are doing. Which is when I loose my cool:) I need to pray for patience almost everyday (hour really:)

Gotta run...the girls will be home any minute and then the fun begins:) I also just started helping one of the older boys with Algebra (my love). He is struggling but it is fun to help. I pray he will catch on and enjoy it as much as I do. So I am writing this update, answering Adilene's pregutas and helping with Algebra...nothing like multi-tasking:)

Adios de TJ:)

No comments:

Post a Comment